What is it?
Team Building Workshop has the main objective of helping its participants understand and act upon the importance of working together to promote optimum group, individual and industrial development. It usually comprises of activities, such as lecture and games, which promotes team work and stresses the significance of the role each one play as part of the team.
Basically a team building workshops are structured in a way that fosters healthy relationship within team members. Here are the major points or the major building blocks of a team building workshop.
• Setting and clarification of goals and objectives
• Openness and commitment to confront certain issues and develop the correct attitude.
• Degree of support, coordination and trust to each group member as a team.
• Degree of cooperation and conflict among group members
• Decision making techniques and working strategy
• Assessment of leadership style and techniques used
• General assessment
• Barriers and opportunities for individual development
• Motivation and inspiration to achieve the group’s goal
Importance of Team Building Workshop
Team building workshops usually help business organization improve or enhance their members / employees working relationship, performance and overall company output. It also facilitates individual skill development, improves team spirit and skills. It also brings out and enhances the leadership qualities in employees.
It is also widely used by schools, sports organization or teams, and nonprofit organizations as a way to mold the leadership qualities in youth and help improve their performance as a team.
How is it done?
As for those who are faced with the task of organizing a team building workshop, here are some tips to help you organize a successful one.
• Choose an appropriate venue. Choose a venue where the participants, the emcee and the speaker will feel comfortable and grounded.
• Order and buy the materials and supplies needed for the workshop.
• Invite a speaker. Choose a speaker who is highly experienced in team building and in handling a group of people. He can be from your own company or from professional team building speaker organization.
• Coordinate properly for the things needed.
• Delegate an emcee. Choose the one that can handle your target audience.
• Don’t forget the icebreaker. Prepare a set of icebreakers that can totally get your participant’s attention engage them in the workshop.
• Evaluate the result. Lastly, let the participants evaluate their experience and give comments about how the event was organized and how it helped them.
James Carter is the Founder and CEO of Be Legendary, a socially inspired team and personal development company. James has created emotional learning experiences for thousands of participants through executive retreats and large meetings. James’ passion lies in helping each person feel valuable as an individual and as part of the whole.
Just contact James Carter HERE.